Institutional Returns Policy
The following guidelines are required to ensure prompt handling of your return. All product returns require prior authorization from a Customer Service Representative.
How to Obtain Return Authorization
Please use the Return Authorization Form from your shipment's packing list to make all returns. Contact your Customer Service Representative for return authorization. All claims must be made within 45 days from the date of invoice.
- When calling for return authorization, please have the following information available:
- Return Authorization Form
- Your account number and ATS# from the shipment's packing list (located mid-page under the Return Authorization Form explanation)
- Reason for the claim/return
- Action being requested -
- Replacement of product
- Credit to your account; no replacement product necessary
- Your Customer Service Representative will assign your return an authorization number (RTA#). To expedite the process, please clearly mark the RTA# on the Return Authorization Form and on the outside of the carton in the upper right corner from the shipping label.
- Make your return via an insured and traceable carrier; Baker & Taylor is not liable for returns lost in transit.
- Products incorrectly shipped by Baker & Taylor may be returned with authorization within 45 days of the product's date of invoice. Product(s) meeting the definition of Publisher defective may be returned with prior authorization within six months of the product's date of invoice. Products purchased with value-added processing services which have been shipped as ordered are considered non-returnable. Authorized returns of any other product(s) shipped as ordered are subject to a handling and re-stocking fee of 15% of the total product amount returned.
DAMAGED SHIPMENTS: If you receive a damaged carton(s) which resulted in damaged product(s), please hold the product(s) and save the carton for Carrier inspection. If the damage is visible at the time of delivery, bring it to the Carrier's attention and note it on the Bill of Lading. Then, contact your Baker & Taylor Customer Service Representative via the toll-free number listed on the packing list.
CLAIMING SHORTAGES: Please check your packing list or invoice before claiming shortages. All claims must be made within 45 days from the product's invoice date. Please ensure you have received all cartons of a shipment prior to signing for receipt from the Carrier. Cartons you have signed for as received from the Carrier are not claimable as shortages from Baker & Taylor.
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS ONLY: For information on making returns of damaged, defective, or incorrect products, please contact your local International Sales Office or our International Customer Service Department in Momence, Illinois (FAX: 815-472-9886).
All returns should be sent to:
Baker & Taylor
251 Mt. Olive Church Road
Commerce, GA 30599